Melalite Forte 4% – 30 gm Cream |1 Tube/s
The combination of Glyceryl Mono Para Amino Benzoate and Hydroquinone in the medicine helps in reduction of production of melanin. It is because of melanin that the skin colour is brown. The more the melanin the darker is the skin colour. When the medicine is applied it reduces the production of melanin thus making the skin light in colour.
About the drug:
Uses of the drug:
The drug is used in the treatment, prevention, control and improvement of the following disease:
- Age spots
- Lightens light brown colour patches on skin
- Inflammatory skin disorders
- Itchy skin rashes
The medicine may be used for some other purpose as well.
Working of the drug:
The drug is a bleaching and skin lightening agent. It mainly works by lightening the dark skin areas and by inhibiting an enzyme reaction in cells.
Melalite 4% – 30 gm Cream is manufactured by Vedic Bio-Labs, India. You can purchase Melalite 4% – 30 gm Cream online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the form of a cream in the following strength:
- Melalite 4% – 30 gm Cream
Before you use this drug:
Do not apply this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient or to any other ingredient of the drug.
- Have any kind of skin infection caused by virus, bacteria or fungi.
- Have a wound on the skin caused by windburn, sunburn, chapping, dryness, irritation or an open wound.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- Are suffering from any other ailments.
- Are taking any other medicines.
How much to use the drug?
The medicine is to be applied in the prescribed quantity as per recommendation of your doctor.
How to use the drug?
Before using the drug it is essential to take a skin allergy test. This can be done by applying a small amount of cream on unbroken patch of skin and keep for some time to check for any signs of allergy or irritation. After the skin allergy test is done, wash and dry the affected area and then gently rub the medicine into the skin till it is evenly distributed.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be used for the prescribed period of time as recommended by your doctor.
In case of overdose of the medicine you must get medical attention as soon as possible as overdose may result in some serious side effects.
In case of missed dose if the time for the next dose is not near then you must apply the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if the missed dose is near to your next dose then you must skip the missed dose and follow the original schedule.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Scaling of skin
- Peeling off
- Stinging of the skin
- Blister formation or crusting of the skin
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Dryness and cracking of the skin if applied around nose or eyes
- Minor redness or burning sensation at the site of application
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well. In case the side effects persist for long then you must get medical help as soon as you can.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which can interact with the drug and may increase or decrease the working of the drug. Hence it is advisable to make a note of all the skin care products that are used by you and then share it with your doctor so that he can check for any possible drug interaction. Also let him know about any medicines that you are taking currently.
Things to remember:
- Use only the dose that is prescribed by your doctor and never exceed it.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear protective clothes and also use a sun screen when going out in the sun.
- Do not swallow the medicine. It is to be applied externally only.
- Never use the medicine on an injured, cracked or irritated skin.
- If the medicine gets into your eyes then wash the medicine with water.
- Store the medicine in cool and dry place, away from heat, moisture and light.
- Do not use the medicine if the expiry date has passed.
- The medicine should not be applied to a child below the age of 5 unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor.